In response to the potential quantum threat, quite a few quantum cybersecurity providers have popped up in recent years. But while many of them undoubtedly have very interesting ideas for quantum-secure data protection, only a few are truly ready for the quantum threat.
Quantropi strongly believes that a TrUE approach to quantum security is a prerequisite for the quantum threat landscape. Without Trust (Tr), Uncertainty (U), and Entropy (E), it’s impossible to achieve complete, end-to-end protection from quantum attacks.
Quantropi CTO went in-depth into the technical and practical details of Quantropi’s TrUE technologies and QiSpace™ in a 25-minute virtual talk at QCE21 IEEE Quantum Week, October 19th, 2021. You can listen to the talk below – it’s an enlightening introduction to TrUE and quantum data protection technologies in general.
If you’d like a quicker introduction to TrUE, keep reading!
What is TrUE?
TrUE is the set of three technologies that power Quantropi’s QiSpace™ enterprise quantum data protection solution. It’s thanks to TrUE technologies that QiSpace™ can deliver comprehensive protection to enterprise IT infrastructures, starting with on-premise data centers and ending with connected IoT devices or employee cell phones.
How can TrUE technologies provide end-to-end protection to enterprise infrastructures, and why are they so necessary for full quantum-proofing? To answer this question, we need to understand what TrUE actually is.
TrUE is built on the following three components or pillars:
- Trust (the Tr component in TrUE). This pillar is concerned with the establishment of an authenticated, trusted connection between communicating parties. From a technical standpoint, Trust can be established with public-key encryption or its successor quantum-secure cryptography. In QiSpace™, MASQ™ is the solution that ensures Trust.
- Uncertainty (the U component in TrUE). After Trust is established, Uncertainty can help you ensure that the information you pass over a trusted link stays hidden from eavesdroppers. You can achieve uncertainty by using symmetric encryption keys to protect sensitive data. QEEP™ is the Uncertainty data protection solution in QiSpace™.
- Entropy (the E component in TrUE). Entropy ensures the security of Trust and Uncertainty solutions. It does so by obscuring the key generation and distribution process from attackers. SEQUR™ is the Entropy solution in QiSpace™.
How Does TrUE Provide Full Enterprise Protection from Quantum Threats?
How do these three solutions provide end-to-end protection from quantum threats? The answer is as follows – TrUE technologies cover the process of key generation, distribution, and data encryption from beginning to end. Let’s explore this a bit more by taking a deeper look into how the three TrUE technologies work in practice:
- SEQUR™ can generate truly random numbers and cryptographic keys that you can use on any endpoint in your network infrastructure. Thanks to their outstanding degree of entropy, SEQUR™ random numbers enable highly secure cryptographic keys that cannot be predicted even with powerful quantum computers.
- MASQ™ asymmetric encryption can help you establish an authenticated communication channel that you can securely send data through. The two main use cases of MASQ™ are the secure exchange of symmetric encryption keys and the generation of digital signatures that can help you verify the authenticity of messages.
- QEEP™ symmetric encryption can help you protect the core data that you want to transfer between network endpoints. QEEP™ is optimized for resource-constrained devices and can thus secure everyday communications between any endpoint, regardless of its performance or latency needs.
Without SEQUR™, MASQ™ and QEEP™ wouldn’t have secure cryptographic keys; and without MASQ™, you wouldn’t be able to securely exchange your QEEP™ symmetric keys. Weak cryptographic keys can potentially be predicted, while symmetric keys transferred over unprotected channels can be easily intercepted.
Finally, without QEEP™ symmetric encryption, you wouldn’t be able to protect your data – like employee correspondence, software source code, or trade secrets – from quantum attacks. If your symmetric encryption system is weak, it doesn’t matter how random your numbers are or how well you can authenticate messages – you’ll be vulnerable.
MASQ™, QEEP™, and SEQUR™ were designed to work together to fully protect enterprise networks from quantum attacks. This is what TrUE security is all about – eliminating weak links in your network to make sure that you aren’t leaving easy entryways for attackers.
End-to-End Enterprise Network Protection with QiSpace™
Quantropi’s mission is to deliver novel cryptographic solutions that preserve truth and trust. As you think about your organization and your cryptographic and security needs, you think about needing capabilities that defend against today’s threats and tomorrow’s quantum-based attacks. You want them to be readily and easily deployable over any network, with minimum new investment, and you want them to protect your network end-to-end across any and all endpoints. You want them to be at today’s and tomorrow’s network speeds, with great computational and memory performance – and TrUE quantum security, both today and forever.
Quantropi’s TrUE data-secure solutions offer cutting-edge performance and protection for quantum-secure data protection. They can secure your infrastructure from the quantum threat at extremely long ranges with a minimal impact on performance – here’s how:
- MASQ™ uses smaller keys and signatures than NIST PQC candidates. This makes it much more computationally efficient and allows it to quickly generate large streams of digital signatures and encrypt/decrypt data faster.
- QEEP™ is as secure as AES-256 while being up to 18 times faster and up to 95% more power-efficient. With QEEP™, you can deliver quantum-secure cryptography to low-power devices without worrying about energy use and latency.
- SEQUR™ can distribute true random numbers and cryptographic keys at ranges over 4,000 kilometers at speeds ranging from 130 to 190 megabits per second. This exceeds the performance of any other key distribution solution on the market.
For a quick introduction to TrUE, watch the video below.
TrUE technologies can be accessed through Quantropi QiSpace – a comprehensive suite of capabilities for today’s threats and tomorrow’s quantum attacks. QiSpace can seamlessly integrate into classical computer networks, so there is no need for you to switch to quantum computers to get the full potential of its benefits. Quantum-secure cryptography is already here, and you can start preparing for the threats of tomorrow right now.